Everyone knows what a martini is, but have you heard of a m’ARTini?
Simply put, a m’ARTini is a mini art class . A small bit of time found to squeeze in some art. And at the same time you’ll de-stress, unwind, and learn new techniques to continue creating beauty in your life.
- Canvas Art Cards – make three or four beautiful cards using canvas.
- Chunky Canvas Pictures – make an amazingly beautiful wall hanging. Turn and ordinary 8’x10′ canvas into a shabby chic masterpiece. No artist skills required – simply cut, tear and glue paper.
- Collage Extreme – after you’re comfortable with Collage Basics, it’s time to dive into the extreme with collage and mixed-media in this hands-on playdate. Experiment with gesso, acrylics, inks, layering, and incorporating text. Learn new background, laying, and collage techniques through demonstration and one-on-one help. A wide variety of poems, text, and images will be provided – or bring your own.
- Prayer or Miracle Box – make a unique item in which to place your heartfelt prayers or amazing miracles.
- Poetry / Scripture Blocks – make an artful trio of blocks that will become a treasure to you. Verses and poetry will be provided-but you are encouraged to bring your own favorite verses (up to three – no larger than book-size print) to use on these blocks.
- Soul Houses – make a beautiful Shabby-Chic house for your soul. Sure it looks like a bird house, but it’s much to beautiful for the birds. This makes an amazing gift for a mom or friend – but it will be hard to give it away because you will fall in love with your Soul House.
- Tangled Up! - you’re stressed out and think you don’t have an artist fiber in your body? Learn how to draw “Tangled” and feel calm. ZenTangle is a method of drawing with patterns that allow you to relax your mind and boost your creative confidence. A perfect way to start art journaling.
Tool-Kit: to help class participants keep on track during classes, a basic tool kit should be brought to workshops. Kits should include: pencil, ruler, glue stick, white glue, scissors, permanent black ink pen (eg: Sharpie Extra Fine or Pitt Pen).
Growing your Tool-Kit: as your mobile tool-kit grows, here are other goodies to include: double stick tape, bone folder,gold leafing pen, matte-medium, cutting (x-acto) knife, mini cutting mat, paper trimmer, hole punch, permanent (Staz-on) black ink pad, glitter glue, art-journal book, watercolor pencils, colored Pitt Pens.
What to wear: whatever is comfortable, wild, wonderful. And of course an apron or smock is just good common sense, sometimes we get a bit messy…
Remember m’ARTini classes aren’t just for instruction, they are great for stimulating and sharing ideas. While you create beauty you’re dumping stress, bonding with old friends and meeting new ones. Oh and don’t forget about having a great time!
If you have any questions about classes, schedule, or anything else – please contact us. We’re excited to offer classes to all stages of artists that will improve your skills and boost your confidence to create!
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you,
I will remove your heart of stone and make it a heart of flesh.
Create Heart | Creativity Classes and Creativity Coaching
Art4Healing ® | Art Journaling | Retreats | Therapeutic Art Classes
Serving Greater Sacramento, El Dorado, Yolo, & Placer Counties
© 2010 – 2013 CreateHeart Sherry Meneley